Bring back throwing axes

Give your thoughts and ideas.

Moderator: Moderator

Bring back throwing axes

Postby nukularpower » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:31 am

I really miss throwing axes. I know there was some bug or exploit someone was being a pain in the ass with - but I think we've learned our lesson. Could we not rely on some kind of honor system for this, like with quicktaunting? I don't know exactly what the exploit was, but I am 100% positive that there were way more people using throwing axes without the exploit than there were with it (in fact, from what I understand, there was one single person abusing it.)
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Re: Bring back throwing axes

Postby Restos » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:39 am

Also, we could test several fixes Karis have found at the NWVault too. I miss throwing weapons =(
Restos
Keeper of War

Postby 1356890 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 am

if you want to have throwing axes all you need to do is disable crafting for throwing weapons in general I think, I don't know if that was too lurid but w/e :p
DV - War Machines - Hexis
Captain of War

Postby NintendoJesus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:05 pm

nukularpower wrote: like with quicktaunting?

So you mean, do it all the time with no repercussions?
NintendoJesus
Keeper of War

Postby akdul2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:56 pm

the exploit involves applying damage from a throwing weapon directly onto your character. its pretty obvious when someone is loaded up on way more damage than their weapon could possibly do. and i doubt many people even know how to perform the exploit.
akdul2
General of War

Postby akdul2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 pm

akdul2 wrote:the exploit involves applying damage from a throwing weapon directly onto your character. its pretty obvious when someone is loaded up on way more damage than their weapon could possibly do. and i doubt many people even know how to perform the exploit.

not just damage but any property that can be on a throwing weapon. an old funny one was putting spell slots on throwing weaps, performing the exploit many times, and then having many many spell slots. :lol:
akdul2
General of War

Postby nukularpower » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 pm

NintendoJesus wrote:
nukularpower wrote: like with quicktaunting?

So you mean, do it all the time with no repercussions?

Probably not the best comparison, but you know what i mean ^ ^
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby nukularpower » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 am

To point it out, if the exploit was in crafting them, how about adding "standard" ammo creators that just have typical attack/damage values and a +4 to listen/spot (which is all you would really ever put on them anyways) - and leaving out the crafting entirely?

Or, if the problem was the ammo creators themselves, maybe you could buy a token item from the blacksmith that would let you access a new vendor that gives you axes for free (the cost would be buying the token) - or something like that. Either way, there are plenty of ways to solve the problem without just removing them.
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby nukularpower » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:51 am

Here is a link to a fix for this on the Vault. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Sc ... il&id=3573

Come on, it's been years now, and it's silly to have a whole class of weapons blocked off this long. IMO, any content in the game should be used if possible for more variety, and there are simple fixes out there for this.
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby darkwaffle » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 am

It'd be sweet to get Shurikens back.
goddamn 1s
darkwaffle
Keeper of War

Next

Return to Suggestion