Bring back throwing axes

Give your thoughts and ideas.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Bring back throwing axes

Postby akdul2 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm

nukularpower wrote:To point it out, if the exploit was in crafting them, how about adding "standard" ammo creators that just have typical attack/damage values and a +4 to listen/spot (which is all you would really ever put on them anyways) - and leaving out the crafting entirely?

Or, if the problem was the ammo creators themselves, maybe you could buy a token item from the blacksmith that would let you access a new vendor that gives you axes for free (the cost would be buying the token) - or something like that. Either way, there are plenty of ways to solve the problem without just removing them.

the exploit results in applying whatever properties are on the throwing weapon onto the character itself. i can explain exactly how. to solve this problem you would only need a script that clears all actions upon unequipting a throwing weapon.
akdul2
General of War

Postby fuzzylilkitten » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 pm

nukularpower wrote:Here is a link to a fix for this on the Vault. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Sc ... il&id=3573

Like I said in the other thread, that "fix" merely boots the offender if they use the exploit. I would still vote for deleting the character if the script fires. There's no way to do the exploit on accident.
fuzzylilkitten
Keeper of War

Postby nukularpower » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 am

akdul2 wrote:
nukularpower wrote:the exploit results in applying whatever properties are on the throwing weapon onto the character itself. i can explain exactly how. to solve this problem you would only need a script that clears all actions upon unequipting a throwing weapon.

I read in the comments for that link I posted that adding a clearallactions script for unequipping a throwing weapon stopped the exploit, so good to see you confirm it. Hopefully Judge Dead will weigh in, as this seems like a simple thing to fix, all around.

Didn't see your other thread Karis, but auto-deleting the character would certainly work too.
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby 1356890 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 am

i've played here for about a month, and i was wondering why there are no kamas here?
DV - War Machines - Hexis
Captain of War

Postby NintendoJesus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:02 am

1356890 wrote:i've played here for about a month, and i was wondering why there are no kamas here?

9 attacks per round makes all other weapons useless.
NintendoJesus
Keeper of War

Postby 1356890 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:02 pm

9 apr so sexxy...... :D
DV - War Machines - Hexis
Captain of War

Postby pvp-master » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:04 pm

nukularpower wrote:
akdul2 wrote:
nukularpower wrote:the exploit results in applying whatever properties are on the throwing weapon onto the character itself. i can explain exactly how. to solve this problem you would only need a script that clears all actions upon unequipting a throwing weapon.

I read in the comments for that link I posted that adding a clearallactions script for unequipping a throwing weapon stopped the exploit, so good to see you confirm it. Hopefully Judge Dead will weigh in, as this seems like a simple thing to fix, all around.

Didn't see your other thread Karis, but auto-deleting the character would certainly work too.

you are both wrong, im creator of this fix and can assure you that clearallaction doesnt fixes this

my fix is based on booting anyone trying to do this indeed - yet the boot itself erases the bugged bonuses so there is no possible gain from this exploit anymore, deleting character is certainly not recommended because the script might boot and punish innocent character due to some rare circumstances (happened on my server few times, the script was updated yet it doesnt mean it might never happen again)

Still - there is question why DMs ignores this fix. Ive come with this solution one month after this exploit been discovered at BoW and brought to my attention, I even written RainyWinter (or whoever was head admin in that time) but it wasn't worth him to even answer. *Sigh*
ShaDoOoW, creator of the Community Patch, Admin/WB at Arkhalia (epic action loot server).
pvp-master
Mercenary

Previous

Return to Suggestion