AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Give your thoughts and ideas.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby NintendoJesus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 am

I will make a Str WM this week.
NintendoJesus
Keeper of War
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby Kelek III » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:08 am

banked mine as well long time ago...will redo if nj makes his :p...carefull hex you might get what you wished for :lol: just nerf dds with chaos and bastardsword imo
User avatar
Kelek III
Moderator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby Danko » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:19 am

1356890 wrote:I think i'd be nice to see more str tanks perhaps. especially if people want to up the power of casters and their dc spells and damage reduction. naturally the problem on bow is that everyone is a dex tank, because sd is op as hell and gives all kinds of defensive bonuses atm, and of course most sds have very bad saves as well as dd's and dex based weapon masters. if it were possible to give characters with more than 28 str +3 natural ac or something. Of course this would not apply to pms, or rdds of a certain level. and maybe even bards as well seeing as most ac str tanks are bards, so maybe like only 1 ac for them. perhaps this could help balance and put more str tanks in the game. also I think that ranger's should get perhaps 2 or 3 bonus ab from their blade thirst spell, and this would not be an enhancement, rather just pure ab.


I agree that non-DD STR tanks are fragile. While Barbarian rages can be modified on their own, STR WMs get some attention on their own (especially these ones may serve the purpose of beating hard&fast mages, they just need a support cleric), Divine Shield STR builds are tremendously weak.

Main help for these ones should be changing DS AC bonus from dodge to natural and stacking with amulet. That would raise their AC cap, especially for high level bard pally/bg rdds. They would still remain weak against CSer monks and rungun AAs. Consequences:
- EMA of pally / bg + sorc / PM 15+ => these kind of toons would get some uber AC boost so EMA dodge AC should become natural AC and stack +5 only with amulet ALTERNATIVELY to DS.
- DS dexters (if sharing the bonus) would be more competitive with SDs.

Barbarian rage could get some elemental damage reduction (like +1/- all elements each 5 levels) so they would be better against non-flanker dexters and builds dealing low physical damage in general. Also their playable top AB builds getting 70 AB for 'em would be fine imo.

WMs' AB maybe should increased a couple of points (+1 level 10 and +1 level 20?).

Epic Fighter getting extra AB and AC is good idea too.

Empower STR tanks => help spellcasters...
User avatar
Danko
Bantit Chief
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby sonicle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 am

Danko wrote:
1356890 wrote:I think i'd be nice to see more str tanks perhaps. especially if people want to up the power of casters and their dc spells and damage reduction. naturally the problem on bow is that everyone is a dex tank, because sd is op as hell and gives all kinds of defensive bonuses atm, and of course most sds have very bad saves as well as dd's and dex based weapon masters. if it were possible to give characters with more than 28 str +3 natural ac or something. Of course this would not apply to pms, or rdds of a certain level. and maybe even bards as well seeing as most ac str tanks are bards, so maybe like only 1 ac for them. perhaps this could help balance and put more str tanks in the game. also I think that ranger's should get perhaps 2 or 3 bonus ab from their blade thirst spell, and this would not be an enhancement, rather just pure ab.


I agree that non-DD STR tanks are fragile. While Barbarian rages can be modified on their own, STR WMs get some attention on their own (especially these ones may serve the purpose of beating hard&fast mages, they just need a support cleric), Divine Shield STR builds are tremendously weak.

Main help for these ones should be changing DS AC bonus from dodge to natural and stacking with amulet. That would raise their AC cap, especially for high level bard pally/bg rdds. They would still remain weak against CSer monks and rungun AAs. Consequences:
- EMA of pally / bg + sorc / PM 15+ => these kind of toons would get some uber AC boost so EMA dodge AC should become natural AC and stack +5 only with amulet ALTERNATIVELY to DS.
- DS dexters (if sharing the bonus) would be more competitive with SDs.

Barbarian rage could get some elemental damage reduction (like +1/- all elements each 5 levels) so they would be better against non-flanker dexters and builds dealing low physical damage in general. Also their playable top AB builds getting 70 AB for 'em would be fine imo.

WMs' AB maybe should increased a couple of points (+1 level 10 and +1 level 20?).

Epic Fighter getting extra AB and AC is good idea too.

Empower STR tanks => help spellcasters...


So you want to buff Pally/PM's and DS Dexters ?
sonicle
General of War
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby Restos » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:38 am

Just make sure to stop PMs and DDs from getting any benefit, or cans will dominate rounds even more.
User avatar
Restos
Keeper of War
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby Danko » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:52 pm

sonicle wrote:So you want to buff Pally/PM's and DS Dexters ?


Depends on how you do it. Anyway playing DS build is one of most annoying things in NWN :)
User avatar
Danko
Bantit Chief
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby sonicle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Danko wrote:
sonicle wrote:So you want to buff Pally/PM's and DS Dexters ?


Depends on how you do it. Anyway playing DS build is one of most annoying things in NWN :)


I played dex for about 6 years... There were no no DS tanks except for no AC or old pure fighter... Just keep your charsheet open.
sonicle
General of War
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby Restos » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm constantly opening my char sheets to check for AB/AC buffs (if any) =/
User avatar
Restos
Keeper of War
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby 5thexotic » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Its stiupid idea. Pdk WM is powerfull, with 4 mil, floor everything even in expertise mode. Epic bards are harder to kill then dex sd's. DD's=no comment, Razors=sorry, thats the price for farming newbies. Ac is not problem for str tank's, traps and csers are.
5thexotic
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: AC bonus for str tanks, as well as other things.

Postby NintendoJesus » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:23 am

Kelek III wrote:banked mine as well long time ago...will redo if nj makes his :p...carefull hex you might get what you wished for :lol: just nerf dds with chaos and bastardsword imo



WM is done Kelek. Took me a few tries to get saves to come out right. 70 ab/71 ac for as long as PDK buffs last, which is far longer than I will live anyway. IE, IKD, 40+ all saves. 720 HP. Now just need some cash.
NintendoJesus
Keeper of War
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron