Str tanks and their diminishing

Give your thoughts and ideas.

Moderator: Moderator

Str tanks and their diminishing

Postby Mike20 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Ok, I've been back for a week or two now, and I've noticed something. STR tanks are way underpowered, whether you WM, BG, RDD whatever. They just get simply floored by SD's and DD's. Something needs to change. It seems DDs and SDs get all the huge bonus's and just spank STR tanks to death. It's making them about worthless to even make anymore. Only STR tanks worth making anymore are bards. That's it. Everything else isn't even worth making. Ask anyone, make a str tank? or a DD or SD. Guarantee they chose a DD or SD. I'm not saying do WTF nerf to DD's and SDs, but maybe take some nerfs off str tanks so they are a bit more viable in the world of BoW. Otherwise it'll be a game of a bunch of DDs and SD's and as much as I like playing them, I want a change up. Making 2 classes elite among the melee range is one sided and this server has always been about variety. Why make a type of melee a dying breed? Please something needs done about it.
InjecterX, CoWs
Getting floored since '02
Mike20
General of War

Re: Str tanks and their diminishing

Postby pvp-master » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

I would say nerf DD/SDs actually.

Right DD needed boosts, especially AB, but why the hell physical immunity? Thats like RDD had +5AB at lvl 10, DDs already had best DR why it was improved any further?

This gives DDs so big survivality that other str tanks are meaningless.

As far as SDs, i dont see such big issue in there, though high undispellable concealment with AC together seems to me really off but not really sure what this has to do with str chars as they can take SD too.
ShaDoOoW, creator of the Community Patch, Admin/WB at Arkhalia (epic action loot server).
pvp-master
Mercenary

Postby Restos » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:31 pm

I made a barb/RDD with fairly low AC (76) and still manages to do "okay" against DDs at least, but SDs are nearly unhittable with all their conceal and stupid high AC. Regardless, chaos DDs (new can era) are annoying only on certain situations, cos most of the time (if people are smart enough to gank them one by one) they are just garbage, lol.
Restos
Keeper of War

Postby Mike20 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 pm

I never said it had to do with SDs really except they completely RAPE str tanks in every form. I can understand 1/3 ac nerf on BG thats dex based, but why STR? Huge disadvantage. STR BGs are straight crap. Yes 8/22/10 can get 75-76 ac, but that again, is with bard as a class enhancing AC.
InjecterX, CoWs
Getting floored since '02
Mike20
General of War

Postby NintendoJesus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:36 am

Mike20 wrote:I never said it had to do with SDs really except they completely RAPE str tanks in every form. I can understand 1/3 ac nerf on BG thats dex based, but why STR? Huge disadvantage. STR BGs are straight crap. Yes 8/22/10 can get 75-76 ac, but that again, is with bard as a class enhancing AC.

It has everything to do w/ SD. BG was nerfed b/c at the time, it was too good, too much ab, too much ac. Things have changed. Nobody is bothered by a dex tank with 78-80 ac. It's the Dex tanks with 83-85 ac and edodge that are the problem.
NintendoJesus
Keeper of War

Postby nukularpower » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:30 pm

I vote un-nerf divine shield for str chars.. not like it's hard to hit the dodge cap anymore anyways
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby NintendoJesus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:22 pm

nukularpower wrote:I vote un-nerf divine shield for str chars.. not like it's hard to hit the dodge cap anymore anyways

If nothing else, it would be fun to make new chars to abuse full Div Shield.
NintendoJesus
Keeper of War

Postby nukularpower » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Well, I have one already.. pal/rdd gets 80 ac with div shield set to divine spell.. would be nice to get favor too :0

Anyways, if the miscs aren't going away, I would suggest lessening the ac/disc penalty for using chaotic on a str char. It's always confused me why dexers get 1 ac/disc penatly but a str tank can take 3 ac from it. It should really be the other way around. This is a huge reason the only really viable str tanks are DD's.
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Return to Suggestion