Few suggestions

Give your thoughts and ideas.

Moderator: Moderator

Few suggestions

Postby pvp-master » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 am

Vests of devastating fortitude:
- allow to set the exact number via player wand (fixes the fort cap issue, improves saves vs spells if the char doensnt need full buff from it)

Fix the action cancels:
- the main problem would require nwnx plugin, but it can be solved partially within NWScript. Its easy and I can send code, basically all AddTo/RemoveFromParty calls have to be rewritten to custom function that will loop all peoples in the party, set them commandable(false) and after the player is added/remove to the party, restore the commandable status to true (if wasnt false before - thats important to check ;) )
- this wont fix the problem if the player logs off when crashed for example, but even that the majority of the cancels will be gone

Assassin:
- the current assassin bonuses are fail, the conceal is nice but the class has really shitty epic feats and need 4lvls/feat, SD is better choice for everyone - it grants defensive roll, evasion, and shadow evade now offers a lot more than what is doing assassins ii
- proposal: add a ms/hide/both bonuses instead to allow new cser type - currently with so many spot/listen bonuses on items and so less hide/ms only really playable type of cser is junk monk without hide and sneak lol, Im playing str ranger/cler/monk which is also fine with the usage of silence but otherwise the old dex rogue based builds are useless now - adding AC or AB would be stupid anyway, an assassin aint any tank its a silent killer
ShaDoOoW, creator of the Community Patch, Admin/WB at Arkhalia (epic action loot server).
pvp-master
Mercenary

Re: Few suggestions

Postby sonicle » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 am

Agreed with all but the assasin change. As much as i love csers (i get blamed for playing them way too much by pretty much everyone) im very positive there is no need to make it harder to detect them, let alone give them 60% undispellable perma conceal on top.
sonicle
General of War

Postby pvp-master » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:51 am

yea, i like playing csers too, i played primarily them in past when there was playing more peoples, currently in game with 4-10 players even one counter make them unplayable. Also in past there wasnt DD tanks with chaos which are protected from csing as stone is insta death for cser.

As I said, the only playable cs builds now are junks. Its simple - noone is undetectable. The more hide/ms character has the more vulnerabilities he has.

The more hide/ms items you get the less abilities you get together, you lose also ac and shitload of saves. Disc zero. Also a ground rule sounds - you log cser, expect to be countered. Which the junk monks arent afraid of. Counter classic cser with AA and he wont stand a chance.

Lets say it would be +1ms/4assassin levels. That would practically changed only one thing and one build, the dedicated cser. Most characters doesnt need ms - being listened still leave the target flatfooted. Others using silence to cut off listen based spotters. Only dedicated cser really depends on the hide/ms, anything else is spottable so easily today that it has no sense to max anyway. 65% conceal for a short time wouldnt equal ED anyway.
EDIT: I do realize that just because it enhances only minority of character builds its a quite stupid change. Well it was just a proposal, fact is that assassin is crap. Noone plays him. And due to the nature of the class, the bonuses should be probably more focused for sneaky types.
ShaDoOoW, creator of the Community Patch, Admin/WB at Arkhalia (epic action loot server).
pvp-master
Mercenary

Postby 1356890 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:56 pm

fix the fact that guild wars 2 came out and school has started, no one plays now :( i guess i have to go back to league of boredem
DV - War Machines - Hexis
Captain of War

Postby fuzzylilkitten » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:26 pm

I don't think there's any reason at all to encourage more CSers of any variety.
fuzzylilkitten
Keeper of War

Postby sonicle » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 pm

21 monk 18 assassin 1druid... 60% perma conceal junk monk with hide/ms in the 90s while having enough discipline and fort to be save from implosion and bigby. also deflect arrows and on hit hold...
sonicle
General of War

Postby Restos » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:30 pm

There are dex assassin tanks around still :p
Restos
Keeper of War

Postby pvp-master » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Restos wrote:There are dex assassin tanks around still :p

do they have better values than dex tanks with sd?
sonicle wrote:21 monk 18 assassin 1druid... 60% perma conceal junk monk with hide/ms in the 90s while having enough discipline and fort to be save from implosion and bigby. also deflect arrows and on hit hold...

again, that was just one proposal, you cant deny the fact that assassin is crap - if you think my proposal is BS make another proposal (and I havent realized the assassin ii is perma here - is it really?

I could also argue about how much is such build better against already known monk 20 rog 13 druid 7, but nvm
pvp-master
Mercenary

Postby nukularpower » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 pm

How about we just leave well enough alone instead of adding more custom bs

Also, Assassin gets Death attack, SD is nice for defense but it does nothing for damage
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby Restos » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Yes, assassin's conceal cannot be dispelled or purged.
Restos
Keeper of War

Next

Return to Suggestion