Greater Rod of XXXXXX

Give your thoughts and ideas.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Greater Rod of XXXXXX

Postby nukularpower » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 am

I probably wouldnt be bothered by greater rods as much if NEP actually had some kind of VFX (I know it already has a grtr rod, but still.)
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby darkwaffle » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:02 pm

That's just it though, you can already do everything you need to with rods. They're already in a really useful, strong position.

The delta between characters having normal rods and greater rods is not that substantial no, what I'm essentially railing on is that rods are already extremely powerful and effective. And in that sense, creating greater rods out of them is taking something that's already good and just making it better, even if it's only in a minor way. To me it's the logical equivalent of saying "Let's give the greatsword 1d4 more damage". Is it game breaking? Not at all. Is it a massive change? Not really. Is there any reason to take something that's already really good and make it really gooder? I don't think there is.

I don't think casters are weak by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't think they're the all ruling masters of the universe you portray them as (and they absolutely have their own weaknesses) and I know very well that any good tank has very little to fear from a mage aside from Ice Storm.

And people don't just rage switch to casters, hell most people switch to monks when they get pissy, but casters are always in the stable because there aren't many better ways to get kills than Maxxed Ice or Empowered Finger spam. Not to mention if that's all you want to do they're really easy to play.
goddamn 1s
darkwaffle
Keeper of War

Postby nukularpower » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:51 am

I changed my mind on this.. who cares at this point. Casters make people ragequit, which reduces the amount of people to play.. so screw 'em imo, add greater rods of whatever.
nukularpower
Keeper of War

Postby NintendoJesus » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:17 am

Now we're talkin!
NintendoJesus
Keeper of War

Postby Restos » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 am

Casters are the only type of character that makes people ragequit or switch to something lamer :p
Restos
Keeper of War

Postby darkwaffle » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:05 pm

And that's purely the fault of the target, not the caster. Every character can get saves, and pretty good saves at that. They choose not to.

And people rage at csers more than casters.

Edit: And it goes without saying, the casters people get most irritated with are the damage spammers. Why? Because there's no rod to nullify it.
goddamn 1s
darkwaffle
Keeper of War

Postby akdul2 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:53 am

ice storm spam makes runners rage, i like it. can also make your own team rage if you are angus :lol:
akdul2
General of War

Previous

Return to Suggestion